Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

It is so nice when it is possible to be amazingly happy for another person. My friend Brittney Lee is living the dream out in California. She is an amazing artist, musician, and person. She and I went to RIT together and were in the same A Capella group, Encore. I follow Brittney's Blog and just got really emotional reading her post about how she has fulfilled her lifelong dream of working at Disney! Yeah, like THE DISNEY!

It's such an amazing story! It's wonderful to hear that it is possible to do something that you have always wanted to do! I've been so fortunate in my life to see this happen to two people I love, William's brother Phillip works for the WWE, and now Brittney works for Disney!

I've always been one to kind of float from interest to interest. I can't really say there is something I've been passionately working towards since childhood. I didn't even realize that I was going to be a teacher until April 5th 2007. (It's a long story but it really was one of those slap in the face kind of moments...) Other than that, I've always just jumped at opportunities when they have arisen and it has never led me astray.

Anyway. The point of this post was to talk about how amazing Brittney is, seriously check out her blog. She does wonderful and unbelievable things with drawing and paper cutting. Seriously it will blow your mind!

Check out her Etsy shop while you're at it! William often goes to the Etsy shops of my friends for gift-giving. So my desk is surrounded by handmade items from my friends! It's amazing.

I am truly blessed to have such fabulously talented friends!


Britsketch.blogspot.com

No comments: