Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mark



Look at this precious face! Look into Mark's beautiful eyes, then read this New York Times article about Mark's past. Mark used to be a SLAVE on Lake Volta. Someone considered Mark their property. I've met many kids with this same history yet I still can't begin to wrap my head around it. There are so many children that still need help, though fortunately for Mark and the others that were brought to the Village of Hope they were rescued by the Touch a Life Foundation.

I just watched this wonderful YouTube video with Pam Cope, author of the book Jansten's Gift and founder of Touch a Life, reading a letter she wrote to Mark. It's an incredible video that just skims the surface of an incredible story. I highly recommend reading Jansten's Gift to learn about what is going on and what can be done to help.

Also: Check out the Village of Hope website to learn more about the orphanage!

No comments: